I'm starting to get into iOS development, and I have a few quick thoughts on my favourite resources so far. I'll be updating this post as I go along.
In my opinion, the best resources for beginners learning iOS are:
- Objective-C Programming - Big Nerd Ranch
- iOS Programming - Big Nerd Ranch
- iOS 6 Programming Cookbook - V Nahavandipoo
- Any object oriented, MVC or design book you can get your hands on.
- Apple's Developer Docs - Especially the 'Your First/Second/Third iOS App Tutorials
- Ray Wenderlich's Blog
- Techotopia's Awesome free website/paid book. Best resource I've found for up to date references aside from Apple's docs.
- Reddit iOSProgramming Subreddit
- Core Intuition Podcast
- Build and Analyze (though it just finished)
The most important thing to understand is that you don't need to feel restricted by inexperience. There are a ridiculous amount of resources out there, and each one can teach you something useful for iOS programming. If you don't understand something, just Google it. That's the best resource anyone has ever had.